Friday, December 12, 2008

how it all begin .....


I was once told if you can walk you can dance , but for me it wasn't a bed of roses as it sounds. it took me a lot of time , patience and passion to get where am i today in the music and creative industry. I started dancing in church, doing the tambourine dance.


what you see in the picture was exactly what i was doing in church exept we all looked different obviously lol. Here is when i really started to like dance BUT it was all ups and downfalls for me as i was a very very very slow dancer. I could never catch up in time . My friends would laugh and make a fool out of me, my teacher would give me warnings like if i could not catch up i will not be able to perform . Because of the lack of patience they had in me and not having the drive to work harder, i had decided to quit WHICH was my biggest mistake, cause now i realise if i just put a little afford in dancing i could have done better . So what if i did not dance well . God never judged did he ? and at the end of the say i was dancing for himand myself not for fame ! BUT that was a long time ago , its all in the past.

I had another passion, the piano. At first i loved it . My parents got me my first piano which looked something like this
i remember it was the day i came back from school when i was standard 2 . the smile on my face was from ear to ear. It was then i started to take it seriously as in taking the exams and moving myself a grade higher every year. As i reach a certain level i begin to take piano playing as a chore i did not enjoy it anymore . i wanted to quit at grade 5 but everyone pushed me to finish it. Today i have my grade 7 which i am happy i have. I could never imagine what happen if i had quit at grade 5 .Today everyone around me has at least a grade 8. Well I guess it was a childhood thing. :)

I stop dance for a very very very long time, in school days i realise i had another talent which was singing. I had neither the voice of Mariah Carey nor Whitney but it was unique i guess so i decided to go into for while as in singing in church and school talent shows and all. I never took singing seriously till today i always thought of it as something i do to pass time and something i am good at moderately. i dance and sing to ease my sorrows. to let out my emotions . i use the dance techniques to capture my heart hardness to make myself feel better. Its like my Drug to release stress i guess. ( Hey ! its a good thing ) i also went into acting for a bit i realize that i could act too ... HEY who cant right . so i joined clubs in schools and a few plays. i did all these to pass my time and since i only had the basic talent i thought to myself HEY improve it ! this even got me a part in gol and gincu a small part but sadly i could not make it for casting because it was during assignments and exams period. BUT hey if there is a will, there is a way other opportunities will come my way it it was meant to be.


college days came along and here i was introduce to PARTS ( performing arts ) here is when i really concentrated on my hip hop and other small small dancers. i went into performing and i did it even to the extend of performing for functions and got paid. HEY it was good pocket money and it really gave me the real exposure of performing . i have to say i learnt alot from my seniors as well who thought me how to dance . here is also where i learnt my belly dancing thanks to CLARE ... muax .... its her to thank for my bootie shaking ability hahahah

i have to say all these dancing has really made me a different person . in a way i learn to appreciate the creative department more. i learn to true meaning of singing , dancing and acting. all these are not just something people do to pass time. YES it may be but to a certain point. I did it because it was a passion that kept me going till today . I gave up here and there BUT hey i am back on track somehow .

NOW i am in the SALSA , BACHATA phase lol . It all begin thanks to Kak Lin who introduced me to the Malaysian Salsa Festival two years ago. This time when i started to help out i was still not into salsa yet. I was like , ok la its a nice dance , nice to watch , but never had any intensions to learn even though i loved dance. i did learn the bachata from Nestor that year and BOY it was a good dance. he thought me the basics of it. i was thinking to myself i never knew anything about bachata but if he can make me dance like that HELL i want to learn. Then the second year of MSF came along here i saw SUSANA MONTERO AND INAKI


both queen of slasa and prince of bachata :) Here is when i put my foot down and said AFTER THIS the first thing i am going to do is LEARN SALSA . came back from MSF i got hold of shankar and said i wana learn where can i learn ? this was when he introduced me to rhythm identity run by Jaxen . I am now already at stage 5 ? after going through a very very stresful test ? LOL than god i pass . and i have james to thank for that too, in salsa . at first it was fun and easy but not anymore. i guess nothing is in life we just have to work hard to get what we want. Being hard is a phase that we all have to learn from once conquered we can do anything i guess :)

my salsa and bacahata experience learning has been really awesome. adding to that i have met wonderful friends too :) you know who you are muahahaha i think i am going to miss all you guys so much when i go toaustralia in a few months time ( Tears ) :(

to sum it all up i guess what i wanted to say is eventhough i had the passion for dance since the age of 5 i had to go through ups and downs so much so that some of it i think i dont even deserve to go through but then What can i say exept that i am here today, a moderately good dancer :) ( smacks) and a fast learner ... to a certain point la ..... hahahaha . i have always wanted to quit as things got harder but ,my passion for it made me stay on . sometimes i think what good does this all do for me. what benefit do i get from all of these aexept burning my money to learn learn and learn learn BUT hey now i think of it i HAVE no regret . i have built my character and most important my posture has been change lol ;) trust me. i dont hunch and slout anymore ?? haha i have met wonderful people along the way , good friends in fact :)
life has never been better

J.U.S.T. D.A.N.C.E.
!!
viva la salsa
viva la bachata too :)

delmissacent

2 comments:

Clare Chiara said...

*Awwww* del... glad u still can shake here and there... Love u loads...n missin u!!!

del88 said...

hahahaha it was all thanks to your patience REMEMBER college days ... adele shake it adele hahahahahahaha muaxx miss you too babe :)